Thursday, 13 May 2010

Snake Bite Silk

Following on from my Dubai post, I am particularly looking forward to going back again, to go to the fabric shops. Which are situated in a little village called Satwra which is outside of the city centre and a harsh contrast to the bright lights. This is another side of Dubai which I enjoy too, the more traditional natural culture of the local people. There is a strip of fabric shops which is my favorite place to go. They are amazing and have a variety of coloured silks especially printed silks, which are my precious find.
The multi coloured pink silk is one of my favourites which I turned into my Snake Bite Silk reflected curved sleeve dress. There is reflective piping down the outer shoulder sleeve seams. There is lots of detail in the print and you can find different formed shapes and the acid colour palette just brings the element of summer to the luxurios silk dress. I specifically like the snake which I placed at the bottom of the dress, hence the name.

Eye bite silk vest dress
There is an amazing haberdashry shop too which excites me everytime I get the chance to walk in there, just like aladdins cave, everything you could imagine. Wall to wall with trims and buckets spilling over the floor which makes it hard not to miss something. Last time I was there I picked up a reel of paper net mesh which I trimmed the edge of my sleeves and panels of the front of my grey long sleeved zipped dress. Also some large gold stoned medallions which I turned into necklaces and some real fur (not that they need fur over there) trims in different colours, which I made into elasticated headbands. Perfect to wear over here to keep you warm and look on trend at the same time, for our bitter winters. So hopefully this trip I will be able to hunt out some interesting treasures.


No comments:

Post a Comment